The Canadian government official who branded U.S. President George W. Bush a “moron” has resigned, news services report.
Consider the recent actions and achievements of this ‘moron’:
- Propose a massive cutback in world tariffs.
- Republicans win back control of the Senate and boost control in House of Representatives.
- The tax cut.
- Force UN to get serious about Iraq.
- Stiff the Kyoto Treaty.
- Ditto the International Criminal Court.
- Kick out the Taliban from Afghanistan.
- Foster vastly improved relations with Russia.
- Make serious social security reform a key GOP agenda item.
- Fracture the Democrat hold on the ethnic vote.
- Seriously annoy the EU junta.
Okay, okay, I hear you libertarians cry, what about the Patriot Act, the Farm Bill, the steel tariffs? All fair criticisms. But the oft-repeated claim from the chattering classes that Bush is a dope is plainly silly. They are making the same mistake they made about Ronald Reagan.